To be the number one track club in the world, with the greatest number of world champions.
To provide opportunities for athletes to realize their full potential, by providing excellent coaching and good
training facilities; promoting healthy minds and bodies, in an atmosphere that encourages discipline, fair-play, hard-work and respect for all.
• Discipline • Hard-work • Fair-play
• Confidence • Respect • Healthy mind and body
• Academic development • Excellent coaching • Good training facilities
Glen Mills started his coaching career as a student of Camperdown High School during the 1960’s. There, under the guidance of Coach Mc D Messam, he learned the art by assisting during after school hours. Later, he succeeded Mr. Messam as Camperdown’s coach, a position he held until 1999. Those were the days that earned Camperdown the name, “Sprint Factory“.
In 1987 he was named National Coach. In 2009 he retired from that position to make way, he said, for younger coaches.
In the 1980’s Racers was born. A small group of athletes from Camperdown and Kingston College were encouraged to continue their athletic development after high school, by training at the club. In 2009, the club was re-launched.
- To produce athletes performing at world-class standards
- Provide good training facilities
- Provide proper medical and physiotherapy support for athletes
- Ensure proper nutrition for athletes
- Provide guidance to athletes for total personal development and life after Track and Field
- Seek funding through sponsorship and other fund-raising activities
- Establish and maintain an office for the club
- Plan programme for community involvement
- Implement a comprehensive brand building programme including a marketing plan for the club.
Racers Track Club trains at the University of the West Indies Mona, Kingston 6, Jamaica. BSW Regupol, German manufacturers, donated a Track to Usain Bolt. After securing a 20 year Lease for the use of the facility, the track was laid at the UWI field. The club now has the grass track, the gym and the all-weather track which satisfies all their training needs.
World Known Performances (coached by Mills)
- Raymond Stewart – finalist in 100M – Olympics 1984 (while still a schoolboy)
- Kim Collins – gold medalist 100M – World championships – 2003
- Usain Bolt – World and Olympic gold medalist 100M and 200M – 2008 and 2009; World Champion 200m – 2011: World Record holder – 100m and 200m
- Daniel Bailey – finalist in 100M – World Championships – 2009 and 2011
- Yohan Blake – World Champion 100m- 2011, 200m- 19.26s–2011
- Relay team of Mario Forsythe, Marvin Anderson, Yohan Blake and Usain Bolt – World leading time in 4 X 100M relay at Pennsylvania Relay Carnival – April 2010
- Aileen Bailey –finalist 100M and 200m and gold medalist in 4 X 100M – 2004 Olympics; 4X100M silver medal – World championships 2005
Meet Our Team
We've assembled a very competent team, fully equipped to facilitate an athlete in reaching his or her true potential.